Dan Pritchard - VBCA Vice President Takes Centre Stage
On episode 13 of Noisy Balls, I speak with the Victorian Blind Cricket Association Vice President, Dan Pritchard, about his life, both in dealing with his visual impairment as well as his sporting endeavours, and we discuss what is going on this season down at VBCA headquarters.
Dan has been involved in blind cricket since 2008 and he certainly is extremely passionate about ensuring that as many people who are blind and visually-impaired have the opportunity of participating in blind and vi sport.
We explore Dan's life growing up, as well as the numerous blind cricket tournaments that Dan has been a part of, and this episode is all about ensuring that listeners to the show are aware that blind cricket, both with the Australian ball and the international ball, is very much alive and well down at Kooyong and that whether you are a current player or a past player, you are always welcome to come down and be a part of it all.
If you are interested in either playing with the Aussie ball or giving the twenty20 a try, here are some ways in which you can get involved:
- Email the VBCA current Secretary, Jodie Hunter-Wilson, at email@example.com
- Send a message through to the Victorian Blind Cricket Association Facebook Page
- If you are ready to sign up straightaway, head on over to the Play Cricket website and fill in your details on their online form
- Finally, if you want to play for one of the three specific clubs, those being Glenferrie Lions, Burwood Warriors or St. Pauls, search on Facebook for any of those clubs and contact them directly on their page and they will go about getting you registered.
A huge thanks to Dan for such an insightful interview and I wish you all the best as you go about breathing some life back into the VBCA and many congratulations for all the hard work you do each and every week to ensure that blind cricket continues to thrive in Victoria for many years to come.
Noisy Balls is proudly sponsored by the Victorian Blind Cricket Association and we appreciate the VBCA's support as we bring in a new dawn in blind cricket podcasting.
To Get In Touch with Noisy Balls:
- Shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will always respond and read your messages up on an upcoming show.
- Why not be a part of the conversation on the Noisy Balls Facebook Group
- and you can always follow us on the Noisy Balls Twitter Feed, where we will regularly update you with the goings on in blind cricket locally, nationally and internationally.
- To find out more about my other podcasting endeavours, I invite you to check out the Blind Tech Guys.
Welcome To Noisy Balls Noisy Balls aims to inform, entertain, and keep you abreast of the goings on in blind cricket from around the world. Compelling discussion with fascinating people, highlighting the fact that no matter whether you are blind or visually impaired, this should never be a barrier for you to fulfill your sporting dreams. We trust that you will enjoy your time with us and we appreciate you tuning into the podcast.
Support Noisy Balls with a Donation If you are enjoying the content and you value what I bring to you on each episode, I ask that you consider supporting the podcast with a donation. You can set up either a recurring subscription, or a one-time donation. Your contribution will go towards paying for the monthly podcast provider costs, the yearly domain and email server fees, as well as the monthly charges associated in running the Noisy Balls online studio, which is where I conduct all of the interviews you hear on each episode.
Social ChannelsCheck out the social channels for further updates from Noisy Balls. You can find and interact with the show at the following:
© 2020 The Victorian Blind Cricket Association